In June 2017 Fylde Borough Council invited Registered Providers working in the Fylde Coast to submit Expressions of Interest to become preferred partners, to deliver the affordable housing at Whyndyke Garden Village, in line with the objectives of the Healthy New Town principals. Providers were asked to demonstrate that they have the necessary skills and expertise to deliver:
1. Innovative plans for the provision of affordable and adaptable housing
2. How residents will be empowered to be part of the overall Healthy New Town principals
3. Commitment to the healthy new town principals
4. Financial options delivery of a range of tenures on site – affordable rent and Intermediate
5. Basic requirements
• superfast broadband,
• Wi Fi enabled,
• distribution of the affordable and adaptable units throughout the site,
• affordability in perpetuity and
• percentage of Homes for Lifelong Living.
The successful Registered Providers are:
• Community Gateway Association
• Great Places Housing Group Limited
• Progress Housing Group Limited
Developers will be expected to work exclusively with these partners to deliver the affordable housing provision unless the Developer can satisfy the council as to any alternative.